Monday, January 4, 2010

How To Eat a Cupcake (in four easy steps)


This is wedding related b/c you know what's often at a wedding? Cupcakes! I'm generally not a huge fan of the gloriously cute desert and while mostly it's because of the flavor*, it's at least a little in part b/c it's a messy little monster. Enter very smart woman Beth, who I just met at a New Years Coast weekend. (I will also be stealing her couscous recipe.)

1. Cupcake!
2. Take off the wrapper. You're not an animal.
3. Twist the top cupcake portion off and flip over.
4. Squish it down into the bottom.

THIS way you have something to hold so you don't get as sticky. Second, the frosting won't go up your nose when you bite into it. Third, this method redistributes the frosting more evenly throughout the cake so you don't end up alternating between between mouthfuls of pure frosting and pure, slightly dry cake.

*Z's Mom cooks cupcakes pretty often, and her cupcakes are teaching me to actually really like cupcakes. But it's getting to that point where I'll look at a cupcake and think, "Did Pam cook this? No? Then no thank you b/c sometimes you can't go back."

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I'm going to have to try this method, I'm not yet convinced...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I've already seen Z do it three times since we got home :)

    ReplyDelete