Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thank You Cards

Martha Stewart Weddings says that if you want to follow proper etiquette, you should thank someone for a gift within two weeks. This seems like an odd standard. It means that couples are expected to spend their honeymoon writing thank yous. As a guest at a wedding, I don't want my friends spending a single second of their honeymoon thinking of me or some waffle iron I bought them. Silliness!

So here we are, a few weeks out from our wedding. We've done the honeymoon. We've more or less gotten all the wedding crafts out of my parents' yard. We've actually exercised and cooked a meal. (OK, not true on that second part.) But we are close to being real human beings again. And that is why ladies and gentlemen, we can now start our thank you cards. Hurrah! (Or the test stencil I made last night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment